SNACSGIVING IS ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19,2018
Thanksgiving is a time to give to others and so the students of SNACS will be giving back to the community by preparing items to donate to the Volunteers of America Family and Women’s Shelter. On Monday, November 19th, classes will be making scarves, blankets, and toiletry kits. YOUR DONATIONS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE SNACSGIVING SUCCESSFUL. We will be having a contest among the classes to see which class can bring in the most donation items. The class that earns the most points will earn a special classroom party. Furthermore, the class at each of the sites who earn the highest points in donations will earn a party of their choice.
Here is a list of items needed by Friday, November 16th. WE ARE ASKING EACH SNACS FAMILY TO DONATE AT LEAST ONE ITEM FROM THE LIST BELOW. Remember, your donations can count towards your required Parent/Guardian Volunteer Hours of 10 hours per month.
Gold level items (Worth 50 points per item)
- 2 yards of multicolored fleece material for scarves
- 2 Feece Throw blankets, 50 inches by 60 inches (WalMart)
- 2 yards of white cotton/polyester fabric for student decorated quilts
- 1 package of fabric crayons or fabric markers for student decorated quilts
- Cash donations (worth 5 points per dollar)
Silver level Items (Worth 25 points per item)
- 2 tubes of toothpaste
- 2 bars of soap
- 2 bottles of shampoo
- 2 bottles of body wash
- 2 sticks of deodorant
- 1 package of white card stock
- 2 packages of water base markers
- 1 package of white paper bags for gifts, 11 inches by 5 inches (WalMart) or cellophane gift bags (Dollar Tree)
- Ribbon for gift bags (any color)
Bronze Level Items (Worth 10 points per item)
- Non perishable items (canned and boxed foods)
—————————————————–Please cut and return———————————————————
I can’t donate any of the items, but here is a money donation of $______________to help with the cost.
Name of donor ___________________________________________ Child’s Grade Level ___________
Parents and Guardians are welcomed to help on Monday, November 19th, to help with the activities. Please see Ms Baumann in the school office for volunteer requirements.