Hello students! Welcome to our 1st grade classroom! I am so excited to have you in my class. I have so many exciting things to share with you this year. I can’t wait to meet you!
I graduated from University of Nevada, Reno in the spring of 2017, with a Bachelor of Science in Integrated Elementary Teaching (with a specialization in English as a Second Language ‘ESL’). This will be my second year as a teacher. I learned so much from my first set of students and can’t wait to learn more with you!
• Food: Watermelon
• Drink: Green tea & iced coffee
• Animal: Cats
• Book: The Glass Castle/ all of Dr. Seuss books
• Subject: Math and Reading
• Color: Green
• Hobbies: Crafting, reading, spending time with my cat, and taking care of my plants!
I was born into a multicultural family and was raised in different countries (Guatemala, Japan, China, and of course the U.S.). I had amazing teachers growing up who have inspired me to become a teacher. I am excited to start this school year!
1st GRADE SUPPLY LIST
Welcome to First Grade! Please bring these supplies by Friday, August 17. Thank you!
• Pencils: Ticonderoga No. 2 pre-sharpened pencils, 12-pack
• 3 glue sticks (No liquid glue please!)
• Highlighters (at least 3 different colors)
• 1/2 inch 3-ring binder: Solid bright color such as yellow, pink, light blue, light green, pink, etc. (Please include your child’s name on folder.)
• Two pocket folders: One yellow and one of your child’s choosing for homework (Please include child’s name on homework folder, for example, Charlie’s Homework Folder.)
• 1 box of crayons (24-count)
• Construction paper
• Erasers: 1 package of 3
• 1 pack of Post-It notes
• 2 large boxes of tissues
• 1 hand sanitizer (30 fl. oz.)
• 1 container of disinfectant wipes
• EXPO Low Odor Dry Erase Markers (Chisel Tip, black, 4-pack) -Last name A-M
• Box of zipper sandwich bags (any amount in a box) – Last name N-O
• Extra clothes (Please put a shirt, a pair of pants, underwear, and socks in a bag with the name on the bag. These will be kept in the classroom in case of an emergency.)
Space does not allow for rolling backpacks, trapper keepers, or large notebooks.
ALL items listed (except homework folders) will be part of a communal supply. Please do not write your child’s name on items, unless states otherwise above 🙂