Week of September 9, 2019
- I can recognize the letters Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, Jj, Kk, Ll, Mm, Nn in text features and around my community.
- I can write the letters Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii correctly within the lines on my paper.
- I can explain and name the setting of a story.
- I can name the characters of a story.
- I can say my name and my classmates names.
- I can write my name.
- I can say and use color words correctly.
- I can find and count the syllables in a word.
- I can recognize if a group of words are rhyming words.
- I can write my letters Aa-Ii.
- I can respond to a question by sounding out the letters to write my answer, and/or drawing a picture to explain my answer.
- I can use objects to represent and count the quantities 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- I can identify whether a particular set includes 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 objects, regardless of how the objects are arranged.
- I can recognize and write numerals that describe the quantities 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- I can solve problems by using objects.
- I can observe and list how weather is different.
- I can draw pictures of snowy weather, rainy weather, hot weather, and cold weather and explain how these weather types are different.
- I can list and explain different community helper jobs.
- I can write/illustrate how I can help others in our community.
Choice Centers in the Classroom
- ABC book Letter A
- Letter tracing and handwriting. (A,a,B,b,C,c)
- Math Practice 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, Topic 1 Reteaching
- Number puzzle
- Building Blocks
- Magnet puzzle
- Geo blocks
- Magnetic trains
- Sorting dinosaurs by color
- Sorting bugs by size, shape, color, type
- 3D shapes
- Lego story creating
- Pipe building
- Dramatic play
Due On or Before September 13th. Please check your students orange folder for this packet. Thank you! 🙂
As a reminder, homework packets are sent home in orange folders every Friday. Completed homework and folders are due back the following Friday.
- Picture Day –> Wednesday, September 25th
- Parent Teacher Conference Days –> Thursday, October 3rd and Friday, October 4th.
- Early Dismissal Days (Out of school at 11am) –> Thursday, October 3rd and Friday, October 4th.
- October Break –> October 7th-11th
- Sierra Nevada Academy Charter School – snacs.org
- Infinite Campus – student & parent portal –washoecountyschools.org
- Common Core State Standards and parent resources – corestandards.org/what-parents-should-know/
- Contact me – Classdojo.com , email@example.com
Elementary school fees are $80 and can be paid in the front office.
Welcome to Kindergarten!
I am pleased to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year! I am looking forward to having your child as a student. Kindergarten is a wonderful year where we are all learning new activities and enjoying amazing experiences. In order to have a fun year, my most important goal is to create a family of learners in my classroom. I am committed to creating a classroom environment where your child is a valued, trusted, and integral part of our family of learners. In order to accomplish this, I have planned a variety of activities to emphasize and reinforce this goal. It is my hope that you will support and encourage this vision at home along with in the classroom.
Hi! My name is Emma Kieffer! I am 24 years old and this will be my second year at SNACS. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California and moved to Reno, Nevada to pursue my college career. I chose to come to Reno because there are all four seasons here and snow! I love the city of Reno and have come to call it my home.
I attended the University of Nevada Reno. I received my Bachelors of Science in Integrated Elementary Education with additional endorsements in Special Education.
I welcome and value parent involvement throughout the year. I would love to hear from you, and you are welcome to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.
📞(775) 677-4500 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org 💬 classdojo.com
Drink: Starbucks / Dutch Bros
Candy: Sour Gummy Worms / Pumpkin Candy Corn
Hobby: Rock Climbing
Fun Fact: I will be getting married on January 3rd 2020
Supply List for 2019-2020
1 composition notebook
1 tissue box
$5 donation for class supplies
Backpack (please no wheels)
Also a change of clothes should always be in your child’s backpack