- In This Section
SNACS Preschool Program Structure
The preschool is a licensed program accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Being accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children is the Gold Stamp of Approval on the program and practices. SNACS Preschool Staff has worked to ensure all 400 criteria in 10 categories were implemented in the program. The 10 areas examined include Relationships, Curriculum, Teaching, Assessments, Health, Teachers, Families, Community, Environment, and Leadership. Becoming accredited through NAEYC is one of the first formal steps in establishing a framework for a P-3 system with the partnering Sierra Nevada Academy Charter School. We will recognize the SNACS Preschool Staff for their achievement at the local Reno Association for the Education of Young Children on December 1st. The achievement shows commitment to educating young children in developmentally appropriate practice. Children at SNACS Preschool are learning through play and loving it! SNACS Preschool staff members are doing what is right for young children. Help us celebrate young children and those who love working with young children! Congratulations SNACS Preschool!
The SNACS Preschool team is trained in the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) program standards. Under the guidance of CEO, Dr. Kimberly Regan, who holds a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education. NAEYC is a national organization that promotes excellence in early childhood education programs. They serve as a resource to early childhood educators and advocates in the field of early childhood. The SNACS Preschool Team is working towards accreditation through this esteemed association. The accreditation is like the gold seal of approval for preschools across the nation. SNACS Preschool program establishes a solid foundation for successful transition into the primary grades. Visit the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
SNACS Preschool is a licensed program
SNACS Preschool is a licensed program through Washoe County Social Services. Washoe County Social Services provides support and monitoring to ensure all regulations are followed. View the WCSS Regulations.
Quick Points About SNACS Preschool
- NAEYC Accredited!
- Nurturing learning environment.
- Learning through creative play.
- Print-rich environment promoting literacy development.
- Developmentally appropriate hands-on experiences.
- Fosters kindergarten readiness.
- Trained teachers and assistants.
- Students in preschool can transition to the SNACS kindergarten program and attend the same school through 8th grade.
- Follows the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) guidelines.
Quicklinks to learn more about our program:
- Family Involvement Brochure
- Community Resources Brochure
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Leadership Policy Brochure
- Meal Time Protocol
- School Readiness Program
- Sponsors Partners and Resources Supporting School Community
- Strategic Plan
- Supervision Policy
- Preschool Readiness Brochure
- Supervision Policy
- Transitions and a P-3 Continuum of Services Plan
- SNACS Preschool Program Handbook
- SNACS Preschool Enrollment Packet