To be the leading choice in public education, in which educators, parents, and students are partners in fostering a small school community and exemplary academic and social achievement, in a cost-effective way.
The SNACS Community acts in ways consistent with the vision and mission of SNACS and developed a series of vision statements to guide our work. We work in ways to:
- Promote and provide opportunities that support an early childhood/primary (P-3) environment of strong starts for SNACS’ young children.
- Promote and provide opportunities that support an elementary/intermediate (4-8) environment of strong starts for SNACS’ children.
- Support family engagement as key to student achievement.
- Support advocacy and accountability of the professionals that serve our children.
- Facilitate active & diverse leadership, working beyond board meetings and the traditional school day.
- Outreach to all members of the school community to be sure all members’ voices are heard and represented.
- Believe that all children have extraordinary talents, strengths, and can learn.
- Believe all students can make responsible decisions for their learning.
- Maximize efforts to support healthy development of all children.
- Honoring the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Believe all children need access to quality care and education.
- Strive to ensure professional and educational supports in place for our workforce to provide children a strong start in education.
- Promote SNACS standards of excellence.
- Support community awareness of importance of SNACS and the service to the community.
- Be a partner to facilitate stakeholder collaboration events influencing policy.
- Support strong educational organizational structure between the charter school, the sponsor, and the state.
- Support strong educational organizational structure within the state across agencies/organizations.The SNACS Board of Governance holds core values that guide the principles, which outline the spirit in which they expect all members to conduct work.