Distance Learning at SNACS: A Journey of Discovery
When schools across the country closed for COVID-19, innovative charter schools like SNACS had an advantage. The hands-on, student-driven learning techniques, cutting edge technology, and community-based approach of expeditionary learning we utilize on campus can also connect learners across great distances.
You don’t need to live in Reno to be a part of Nevada’s premier charter school community. The SNACS innovative preschool model, elementary school model, middle school model, and high school model make strong foundations for distance learning.
Unlike other school models, the PLAY EL education model does not ask students to conform to an educational vision. PLAY asks them to create their own and helps them achieve their goals—even from a distance.
SNACS distance learning students can:
- Access SNACS extraordinary, innovative charter school curriculum
- Log in to join engaging classroom lectures, demonstrations, and labs led by highly trained and dedicated SNACS staff
- Participate in lively and dynamic class discussions and group activities
- Personalize hands-on, project-based expeditionary learning to resources and capacity in their home learning environment
- Receive helpful feedback and support from SNACS faculty and staff
- Take responsibility and accountability for their learning journey
- Complete all State of Nevada educational requirements for their grade level