Snow Days and Delayed Start Procedures
In response to the area receiving a significant amount of snow or the prediction that a significant winter storm or extreme conditions could potentially impact the traffic flow in the region, a “Delayed Start” could be issued to allow the road crews adequate time to prepare the roads for safe travel.
If a ‘Delayed Start’ is issued:
- School and preschool will start 2 hours later than usual
- All morning Educare programs are canceled
- Morning kindergarten is canceled
- Preschool development program starts on a two hour delay. This means the Preschool Development Program, which normally starts at 8:00 am will start at 10:00 am.
The WCSD may determine that schools need to be closed for the day if the weather is severe. If this is the case a ‘School Closure’ notice will be communicated to parents, staff and the community.
For a ‘School Closure’
- SNACS will be closed. There will be no classes or Educare programs provided that day.
The SNACS Communications team will communicate the changes to parents and the community in a variety of ways:
- The information will be featured in the News thread on the main webpage
- A ‘Connect-Ed’ phone message will be sent to all parents and staff. Please keep your information up to date in the system by contacting the front office whenever there is a change to your phone numbers.
- A ‘Delayed Start’ or ‘Snow Day’ will be announced on local radio and TV stations as well as online.