Homeschooling with SNACS: Academic Challenge and Community Connection
Families decide to homeschool for many different reasons—a more personalized curriculum, more hands-on learning opportunities, a greater connection to family and community. SNACS, the first charter school in Nevada, was founded to achieve these same objectives, and our innovative charter school curriculum can provide critical structure, social connection, and support for your homeschooling journey.
The hands-on, student-driven learning techniques, cutting edge technology, and community-based approach of expeditionary learning utilized across the SNACS campus also connects different kinds of learners across great distances. And because self-directed learning and student empowerment are at the core of our curriculum, homeschool students often have a head start!
Unlike other school models, the PLAY EL education model does not ask students to conform to an educational vision. PLAY asks them to create their own and helps them achieve their goals—making it the ideal educational model for homeschooling students.
You don’t need to live in Reno for your child to be a part of Nevada’s premier charter school community. The SNACS innovative preschool model, elementary school model, middle school model, and high school model help families get the most out of homeschooling.
SNACS distance learning students can:
- Access SNACS extraordinary, innovative charter school curriculum
- Log in to join engaging classroom lectures, demonstrations, and labs led by highly trained and dedicated SNACS staff, allowing homeschooled students to access more challenging and specialized courses
- Participate in lively and dynamic class discussions and group activities from an environment where they feel safe and secure
- Personalize hands-on, project-based expeditionary learning to resources and capacity in their home learning environment
- Receive helpful feedback and support from SNACS faculty and staff
- Take responsibility and accountability for their learning journey
- Complete all State of Nevada educational requirements for their grade level